by Contributing Writer Laura Hewetson
Here’s a super easy, healthy breakkie idea that will be great in the snack box too 🙂
½ cup Milk
½ teaspoon white vinegar
1 cup plain flour
½ cup bran flakes or wheat germ
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
50 g butter
½ cup sugar
1.Turn the oven onto190 C and grease 12 muffin pans (or more if you use little ones!)
2. Put milk & vinegar in a cup and set aside to go sour
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg into a bowl and then add the bran or wheat germ.
4 . Melt the butter gently in a pan, take off the heat and stir in the sugar.
5. Add the egg and sour milk and mix well.
6. Add the peeled and finely chopped apples to the pan and stir until well coated.
7. Add the mixture to the bowl with the flour and stir until just combined. (and to make it extra toddler/child friendly we added some coloured sprinkles!!! ;))
8. Fill pans ¾ full, bake for 15 mins or until golden and risen.
Really yummy and they were a hit with my 2 ½ year old and her little friend! 🙂