This chicken pot pie serves as a great leftover from the night before to a yummy snack box or a grab-and-go breakfast treat. When I do make a Chicken Pot Pie – I make just a wee bit more so that Junior has a tasty breakfast!Ingredients
- 2 fillet chicken breasts
- A dash of vegetable oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoons of butter
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (you may need a wee bit more)
- 2 medium-sized carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup peas
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper (on both sides)
- Use a frying pan – now using a bit of oil – brown the chicken fillets on both sides and cook for a few minutes. Do not worry about it not being completely cooked as you will be baking it again in the oven.
- Place the chicken aside. Once cooled, you can shred it or cut it onto fine pieces.
- Use the remaining oil and lightly stir fry the onions, carrots & peas.
- Now add the chicken and the chicken stock.
- After about 2 minutes, add the cream. To thicken add the flour and you will find a sort-of-sauce being prepared.
- Now spoon the mixtures into tin foil cups.
- Cut out rounds using puff pastry and seal the top of the cup.
- Place in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius and bake till top is golden brown.
There you have it! A yummy delicious treat! Don’t forget to pack a fork!
Till Next Time!