by Mumsibles G
So I just make a batch of mini-quiches and freeze the extras. When I need some for snack box the next day, I just remove them and place them in the fridge overnight, warm them for about 10 mins in the oven and presto! Lovely snack that you just can’t go wrong with 🙂
- 1 cup flour 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix flour and salt well.
- Using a fork mix the oil very well with the water.
- Pour into flour and mix with fork.
- Using a cookie cutter cut rounds that will fit well into your muffin tin – it has to be in the shape of a cup!
- Blind bake at 180 degrees C till the crust is brown.
For the Quiche Filling
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of chicken ham finely diced
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tablespoons of thickened cream, optional
- sprinkle spring onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Beat the eggs and mix the chicken ham, onion, cheese, salt, pepper, cream and spring onions with a fork until mixed together well.
- Spoon the mixture into the already baked quiche pastry base. Sprinkle a bit of cheese on top and bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.