by Mumsible G
I’ve gone all whole wheat these days! I’ve changed my family’s diet and whenever possible I substitute whole wheat! These banana muffins are scrumptious – takes only minutes to whip up and my whole family gobbles them down! Did I also mention how heavenly the house smells when they are in the oven 😉 Healthy goodness and wonderful as a quick-grab breakkie or snack boxed
- 2 cups (260 grams) whole wheat flour, if you like to you can use normal flour too!
- 3 large ripe mashed banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- Line your muffin cups with paper liners. alternatively you can spray some butter onto the muffin cup.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- In another large bowl combine the mashed bananas, lightly beaten eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until the batter is thick and chunky.
- Do not overwork the batter – over mixing the batter will yield tough, rubbery muffins.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I put in an extra few into the refrigerator which I then put in the snack box!
Till Next Time!