Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup is total goodness and is a complete favourite in our family. It’s comfort food for me, yummy sweet soup for Junior and is meaty enough for my hubby! Basically, everyone’s favourite soup whether it’s chilly outside or not!
A good Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup is also wonderful if you have a fussy eater. The sweet corn will easy make this a favourite soup if you have a little one who is less than eager to eat. Add an egg into the soup and you have added goodness!
Here’s our no-fuss recipe for Chicken & Sweet Corn soup that simply takes minutes to whip up and minutes to go down to the tummy!
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1 tin of cream styled canned corn
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 1 egg
- spring onions to garnish
- Cook the chicken by boiling it. When cooked, remove from pan and pull it apart into suitable sized pieces. You can have chunky pieces if you like – i like mine shredded quite a bit.
- In a medium sized pan, combine chicken stock & the sweet corn till warm and well combined.
- Mix the chicken in and add cornflour.
- Add the egg and cook till egg is cooked. Remember to keep stirring while the egg is cooked – or else, you’ll just have egg in one patch!
- Serve onto bowl and garnish with spring onions.
And before I forget, this beats all take out Chicken & Sweet Corn Soup!