by Mumsible G
Okay, I just finished making this gorgeous Snow Globe and let me tell you – it’s like Christmas in a Jar!!!! I’m feeling the Season so much 🙂 Glee Christmas Album in the background and playing with the Snow Globe – Junior is loving the craft and I’m one happy Mum!!
For those of us that don’t have snow – every bit of ‘snow experience’ is joyous!! And that’s what this craft does to Junior & me – simple happiness!
What Junior & I used:
- Mason jar
- Christmas Decorations
- Epoxy Glue
- Sand paper
- Acetone & Cotton Wool
How Junior & I went about it:
- Make sure you have a clean mason jar with decorations that can fit inside it.
- Start by sanding the inside of the mason jar lid – you don’t need to make a big deal of it – just slightly and clean with acetone and cotton wool.
- Make sure your decorations are clean and do not have any dust. Using the epoxy glue stick them onto the mason jar lid. (Note:- you have to use epoxy glue – the PVA glue will just get washed off when it comes into contact with water).
- Leave the lid to dry.
- Into the jar add a fair amount of glitter – the amount depends on the size of the jar so try to mentally visualize the glitter mixing with the water.
- Add water and a teaspoon of glycerin. Make sure the liquid solution really fills the jar.
- As you close the lid (with the decorations now fixed on!) you will find some of the solution escaping – it’s ok!!
- Turn it around 🙂
- Christmas in a jar!
Ev’rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five-and-ten, glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas,
Toys in ev’ry store,
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door.
A pair of hopalong boots and a pistol that shoots
Is the wish of Barney and Ben;
Dolls that will talk and will go for a walk
Is the hope of Janice and Jen;
And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev’rywhere you go;
There’s a tree in the Grand Hotel, one in the park as well,
The sturdy kind that doesn’t mind the snow.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas;
Soon the bells will start,
And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart.