by Mumsibles G
Simple, easy to prepare play dough! For me, this is so much better than commercially available varieties as all ingredients are from the kitchen! Go on take a look, it really is a great Christmas Fun Activity for Kids of all ages!!!
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- glitter (I thought it was ‘snowish’ to use Silver & Blue Glitter)
- In a medium saucepan before you switch on the heat/cooker – combine dry ingredients and stir well.
- Add water & vegetable oil and stir to mix again.
- Switch on the burner onto LOW heat.
- You’ll need to keep stirring constantly but really the whole process shouldn’t take longer than 2 minutes. The mixture thickens unbelievably quickly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit.
- Add glitter and then knead dough until smooth.
- You can store this play-dough in the fridge up to 2 weeks – make sure its in a ziplock bag or in a container with a lid!!
This play-dough can be used as regular commercially available play dough. Junior has always loved it and the sensorial activity is particularly rewarding for younger children who are constantly exploring – the rich texture of this play dough also means that toddlers have an opportunity to just play, break it a part and play again forming things.
Remember, it’s with things from your kitchen and fresh, this makes it all the more natural for your little ones to use!
Junior made his little Snowmen and asked for some buttons to make his eyes and coat – unfortunately I had run out of carrots or else a small piece would have looked fine as a wonderful nose!
Limits are endless with this beautiful natural Snow Playdough!
Have a Snowy Christmas Sri Lanka!!