Here’s the secret recipe that will keep everyone happy. They will keep asking for more even after the tray is empty.
- 220gms or 1 3/2 cups plain flour
- 165 gm butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 small tin condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 375 gm of dark chocolate or milk chocolate
- In a bowl add flour, butter and sugar and mix to get the consistency of bread crumbs.
- Press the crumble mixture in to a baking tray.
- Bake at 190°c for 15-20 minutes. Let it cool.
- Add condensed milk, remaining butter, golden syrup and peanut butter into a saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil while mixing well.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes
- Pour onto the cooled base and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Break the cooking chocolate into manageable pieces. Put them in a non stick pan with 1-2 tablespoons of milk and bring it to a boil. Stir it till it becomes a smooth mixture. Then pour it on to the cooled caramel base and refrigerate it again for 1-2 hours.
- You can use a sharp knife to cut them in to pieces.
Enjoy they yummy peanut butter caramel slices!!