These Thumbprint Christmas Cookies not only look festive, they would also be really good to keep some of these fabulous looking cookies as treat for Santa 🙂Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup multicolor sprinkles
- cooking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line your baking tray with cookie paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, egg and sugar until creamed and well mixed.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla and salt and combine well.
- Fold in flour, add little by little till your dough a ball-rolling consistency at this point.
- Wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove from the fridge and roll into small balls (appr. 1 inch balls.)
- Place ball on the cookie sheet and press to form the cookie. Now using a spoon (or the thumb) press the center to form the dome to place the chocolate.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm.
Till the cookies are baking, melt the chocalate and once the cookies have cooled for a few minutes, pour or spoon the chocolate into the center of the cookie and add sprinkles before the choclate cool and hardens. Enjoy! They look super cute and very festive.
Till Next Time!