Recipe by Couture Cups by Rosh
It’s that time of the year again! Exciting!
And we’ve got just the thing to make it more Christmassy! Try out this yummy Christmas Cake recipe!
- 1 lb semolina
- 25 yolks of eggs
- 1 lb sugar
- 1 lb sultanas
- 1 lb cherries
- 1 jar ginger preserve
- 1 lb cashew nuts
- 1 lb butter
- 12 egg whites
- 6 oz pumpkin preserve
- 1 lb raisins
- 1 jar chow chow
- 1/4 lb candied peel
- 1/2 bottle Rose essence
- 1 bottle vanilla essence
- 1 oz honey
- 1 bottle strawberry jam (optional)
- 1/2 bottle almond essence
- 1 wine glass brandy
- 2 teaspoons spice powder (cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon (ground together).
- Chop all the fruits and pour ½ of the essences and spices, mix well and leave in a jar for as long as possible.
- Slightly roast the semolina and when cool, mix with the butter and set aside.
- Beat the 12 whites of eggs stiffly and leave aside.
- Beat 25 yolks of eggs and sugar together. When well beaten add the fruit mixture and then the semolina and butter mixture.
- Add all the balance of spices and essences and lastly the beaten whites of eggs.
- Pour into a tray which has been lined with greaseproof baking paper and bake for about 2 ½ to 3 hours in a slow oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If desired, once baked let the cake cool and add a bottle of strawberry jam and mix with gloved hands.
Shape to desired size & wrap them up.
Note from MumsiblesG-
A very special thanks to Rosh who very graciously forwarded her recipe for the Christmas Cake. You can contact Rosh with questions on the Couture Christmas Rich Cake Recipe either by commenting below or contact her directly on her fb page https://www.facebook.com/CoutureCups . She’s already currently taking in orders for the same Christmas Cake!
“Brought to you by the Pears Happy Baby Learning Center“