by Mumsibles G
Bubbles! Wow, I think no matter how old you are, it’s oodles and oodles of fun!!! When’s the sun’s shining and you want some simple and short prepping fun – Bubble Fun is the way to go!
What you will need:
- Liquid Dishwash
- Food Colouring
- Rubber bands
- Pipe Cleaners
- PET 500ml Water Bottle
- Pipe Cleaners
- Old Sock
- Baking Powder
- Cookie Cutters
How to make the Bubble Liquid:
- Mix the following ingredients (6 cups water, 1/2 cup liquid diswash, 1/2 cup cornstarch, 1 tbs baking powder)
- Let this mixture sit for roughly an hour till you get the rest of the stuff prepped
- You can also make some extra for later by bottling it.
How to get the Bubble Wands Prepared:
You can make your own Bubble Wands and it’s so easy peasy! Here’s how!
- Use a few cute cookie cutter shapes, I used some that were within reach!
- Simply wrap the pipe cleaners around the cookie cutter to obtain the shape, make sure you have a bit of the pipe cleaner left over to be used as a handle – again you don’t really need much leftover as it’s little hands using it 🙂
How to Make the Snake Bubble Tube:
- Get hold of an old sock (you can now use those single socks that are left behind! Remember, if do not want to be left with single socks read my post on How To Make Sure You Never Loose A Sock Again!)
- You may need to cut the sock if it is too long so that it can neatly fit onto the bottle.
- Now to prepare the bottle – I suggest you use a 500ml bottle, the size I believe is easier for little hands! You need to cut the bottle in half – around midway of the bottle. Make sure there aren’t any rough edges on the bottle, I used a file to smooth it over. I also needed to use a knife to cut it off but it depends, a scissor could do too.
- Secure the sock tightly so that the bottom of the sock is completely stretched against the opening of the bottle. You may secure this with tape or rubber bands, it’s up to you to decide how secure you would like it to be.
How to Make the Straw Bubble Wand:
- Honestly, this is stating the obvious but allow me! Cut the straws to a suitable size.
- Hold them together with tape or bands!
That’s just it for prepping!! 🙂
When you want to use the Snake Bubble Tube simply dip the sock area into the bubble solution – let it stand for a few seconds and you simply blow into the mouth of the bubble and you will see the bubble growing long, snaking its way across! You can also add food colouring to the bubble mixture to make coloured bubbles.
The same goes with the Bubble wands, dip into solution and blow!!
You do need to point out to the younger kids that it is important to blow into the bottle as opposed to sucking air out.
Till Next Time!!
If you have enjoyed this post you may also want to check out: