Being St. Patrick’s Day and all, I thought that this was a wonderful time to introduce Junior to rainbows! Of course, he has seen quite a few but the aim was to introduce him to the colors and describe what a rainbow really is.
Here are some of the facts I shared with him!
- Rainbows appear when it is raining in one part of the sky and is sunny in the other!
- The order of the colors of the rainbow is – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet – starting from red in the inside and ending with violet on the outside.
- A rainbow ‘happens’ when sun beams hits raindrops. The raindrop makes colours in light beam separate. This makes the different colours show!
- If you want to remember the colors of the rainbow, remember this name – Roy G. Biv – Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet
- No two people see the identical rainbow! Wow!
- The brightest rainbows are made when the water drops are large – after a rain shower or near waterfalls or waves.
Why not combine this lesson with our rainbow window hanger craft!
“Brought to you by the Pears Happy Baby Learning Center“