Wonder what to nibble at snack time? Something healthy? Something that doesn’t have much calories?
For me my snacks are important just as much as my main meals. If we are not prepared or undecided, that’s the time we make blunders and end up eating unhealthy food to satisfy our cravings. So give it a try with these yummy options. You will never feel guilty and whats more these are all easy to make and are readily available anywhere.
- 14 almonds — 98 calories. Almonds are my favourite snack. For many reasons it’s the best snack for any busy on the go mom – be it a working mom or a stay at home mom. A hassle free and mess free snack. They are widely available at supermarkets and stores like Odel. Did you know that almonds help lose body fat? Yes, they do. Almonds are packed with proteins. They also promote healthy skin and are rich in vitamin C. Given all these facts, almonds can easily be considered a super food.
- Half a baked potato with salsa — 84 calories
- Raw carrots or celery sticks with 2 tablespoons of hummus — 90 calories. Hummus is an easy to make paste. Please await the recipe.
- Green apple slices with one tablespoon of peanut butter — 90 calories. You will manage with little less than a tablespoon.:-)
- 20 pistachios — 80 calories. They are widely available at supermarkets and stores like Odel.
- One cup tomato soup — 74 calories
- My all time favourite cinnamon tea! It keeps my sweet cravings at bay and creates an ideal atmosphere of relaxation.
- One cup of strawberries
- 1/2 a cantaloupe or watermelon
- Two bran crackers with guacamole — roughly 100 calories.
Monounsaturated fats in avocado help burn belly fat. Guacamole is made with creamed or mashed avocado. Add chopped, onions, thinly sliced green chillies, chopped cilantro leaves, salt, pepper and few drops of lemon juice. You are in heaven.
These ten snacks are my all time favourites. I like them because they are easy to munch, easy to find or easy to make. So go ahead. Indulge yourselves in right food.
Await for interesting articles with much love and care.