This Quick Family Feed Chicken Lasanga is easy to prep, cooks itself in the oven while you tend to all the other things that need your attention and is super easy on fussy eaters. An all time favourite in our family, I can guarantee that it’s tasty!
- 1 packet of uncooked lasanga (if you do have the time to make it from scratch, but I;m talking about a quick family feed, so I’m going with packeted at the moment! :))
- minced chicken or beef
- half a packet of mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Tomato pasta sauce (please check our recipe here)
- Half an onion
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Prepare the tomato pasta sauce using our Best Ever Tomato Sauce recipe. Keep a side
- In a medium pan cook onions till they slightly start to become gold. Add chicken and cook halfway. Add the tomato pasta sauce and mix well, reduce heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Either grease or use cooking spray on a baking tray. Layer lasanga sheets alternatively with chicken tomato sauce and mozzarella. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Leave it to stand for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese generously before serving.
Do you have any variations to this recipe? Do share with us below