Whether you have an ultra-fussy eater at home or not, coming up with healthy meal ideas can be tricky. I know we have to think about prep time too, so here’s one of my quick meal ideas that never goes wrong and honestly is soooo easy to prepare and goes down into the tummy super quick!
What do I love most about these nuggets? Mmmm, Junior never complains about eating them, it’s so easy to prepare and most times I make these when I have playdates or for kids when I have guests over.
- Chicken cut into cubes approx 2 inch size
- Curd or yogurt
- Salt, Pepper and Paprika
- Breadcrumbs or Savoury Biscuits crushed into small pieces or if you want to go super – healthy corn flakes
- Ziplock Bag
- Place the chicken cubes inside a ziplock bag, add salt, pepper and paprika to taste. If you are unable to get unsweetened yogurt, don’t fuss (but please make sure it’s plain and not vanilla flavoured :|) make sure you add a fair amount of paprika to balance the sweetness of the yogurt. Note, if it is curd this is not an issue. Also if you are unable to obtain paprika, a bit of chili powder will do. Place all the ingredients into the ziplock bag and shake so that the chicken is well coated. Leave overnight in the refrigerator or at least for about 3 hours.
- If you are using savoury biscuits, crumb it by placing the biscuits in a ziplock bag and using a rolling pin to crush it. Remember they need to be the consistency of bread crumbs and not a powder. You can also do the same with unsweetened cornflakes.
- Remove the chicken from the ziplock bag and coat in your crumb of choice and deep fry.
- You can also go more healthy and bake in the oven, in which case, add abit of olive oil into the ziplock bag before placing in the fridge.
- Fry and enjoy!!
Tada! It’s that easy and believe me, they are yummy. The curd marinade makes the chicken oh so moist and soft. Trust me its, good!!
I usually serve this with a coleslaw and a mashed potato so that Junior get’s a balanced meal.
Try it and let us know how it goes!
Till Next Time!
“Brought to you by the Pears Happy Baby Learning Center“