It’s impossible not to like a flavoursome dish which is also a one pot dish. Just dice or slice all the ingredients. Into the pot it goes and cooks away until it produces an awesome dish. Meanwhile, you get to tend to 101 other things that need you attention.
This meal also makes a great healthy alternative. Just make sure you trim all the fat off the lamb and you’ve got yourself a dish that is not only good for picky eaters but also helps if you want watch your calorie intake. So here goes – this recipe for Irish Lamb Stew is so easy peasy and a complete winner.
Irish Lamb Stew (approx. 266 calories per serving)
- Chicken Stock
- White part of the leek
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the fat off the lamb. You make it much more healthier this way. Put it into the pot.
- Cut white part of the leek, onions and approximately half a stalk of celery. Cut into smaller than bite size pieces and place in the pot.
- Peel carrots and potatoes and slice into bite sizes pieces.
- Add chicken stock. Level of chicken stock has to be roughly two inches above all the other ingredients.
- Add thyme and salt and pepper
- Boil till ingredients are cooked and the stock has reduced the consitency of a stew.
Yes, this Irish Lamb Stew is that easy and super super tasty! Try it and don’t forget to tell us how it goes.
I served the Irish Lamb Stew with some gralic bread for Junior and it went down without a fuss
“Brought to you by the Pears Happy Baby Learning Center“
f you liked this recipe, you may want to check out these –