My two boys (Daddy & Junior) are big fans of bread pudding! Throughout the years, I’ve experimented quite a bit with different kinds of bread pudding and the Kimbula Bun Pudding is something I stumbled upon quite accidentally. But I tell you, what a treat it was and by far the best version of bread pudding I’ve come up with!!
It started with a very recent fad of Junior having a kimbula bun every now and then in the afternoon. I was looking in to do an easy dessert at home one day and naturally thought of bread pudding since it’s such an easy thing to make. Then I thought why not use kimbula bun instead of bread! The rest as they say is history! It was a match made in heaven 🙂
Try this one. I guarantee that it looks absolutely divine, smells comforting and is just plain yummy!
- Kimbula Bun (preferably a day old, you’ll need 2 or 3 depending on the size of your pan)
- 1 and half cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (optional, particularly if you don’t have a sweettooth)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Break apart the kimbula bun into 2 inch pieces (you can slice them if you want to, but this is faster, plus less clean-up!)
- Soak the pieces of the kimbula bun and place it on the pan.
- Pour the remaining milk mixture onto the pan evenly.
- Bake till top is golden brown.
That’s it, simple and easy peasy! The best part of this no fuss dessert is that it is so easy to prepare and trust me when I say, it tastes divine.
Try it and let us know what you think of it 🙂