This Skinny Girl Tomato Soup Recipe is not only a low cal soup, it’s also got just the right flavour that will have your hubby asking for more. I also make this when having guests over, it’s just perfect and is the right amount of heaviness while being really tasty and is particularly flavoursome when you are dieting.
So here goes – our Skinny Girl Tomato Soup Recipe!
Recipe – Skinny Girl Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 5-6 large tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 a stalk of celery
- a bunch of celery leaves
- 1/2 a leek
- a sprinkle of parsely
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup of chicken / vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- Finely chop onion, garlic, leek, parsley and celery
- Chop tomato and carrot into small pieces
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan, add onion and garlic and sautee till brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the pan and sautee for a minute before adding the stock.
- Leave on medium-low heat till soup is slightly reduced.
- Leave to cool and blend till all vegetables are of a soupy texture.
If you are dieting and would like to treat yourself a bit – simply dice the smallest amount of wholewheat bread and fry in olive oil for some croutons. I usually have like 5 itty bitty croutons with my Skinny Girl Tomato Soup Recipe!
Comment below if you’ve tried out Skinny Girl Tomato Soup Recipe or if you have made any variations!