Name: Gina Mirpuri Musajee
Age: 35 Years
Designation: Stay At Home Mum.
1. How was your birthing experience?
Contractions started in the night every couple of hours apart and by 5 in the morning, they were 10 minutes apart at which point I woke my husband and told him it was time to drive me to the hospital. Sara didn’t arrive till 3 in the afternoon. All I will say is it was an ‘unforgettable’ experience.
2. What did you do to get back into shape after your pregnancy?
I didn’t even TRY to get back into shape. The foremost thing in my mind was to feed Sara, bathe Sara and change Sara. I think the breast feeding helped to keep me thin. After which I started gaining. Started gymming only 2 years ago.
3. How do you maintain your figure?
What figure?! Haha. I try to go to the gym as much as I can but am unsuccessful sometimes with chores and maid problems. I try to diet as well. When I’m dieting (which is not very often), I eat a NO CARB breakfast, lunch – 2 tablespoons of rice with generous amounts of curry and for dinner – soup or salad before 7pm. Green tea before going to bed!
4. What do you do to relax?
I play scrabble, watch Masterchef, Grey’s Anatomy and read!
5. Do you enjoy reading paperbacks or on an e-reader? Any favourite books?
Right now, I’m hooked on to the e-reader. Recently, I read a book called Little Bee, which really touched me. Thought it was written so well.
6. How do you take care of your hair, nails and skin?
Hair – wash and apply a leave on conditioner.
Nails – keep them trimmed to a decent length and love to colour once in a way.
Skin – tone and moisturize in the day and apply a night cream at night.
Also take a vitamin supplement which is supposed to help all three.
7. What does fashion mean to you?
Fashion is to follow the current trends without making a fool of yourself. Just because it is in fashion, it doesn’t mean that it’s going to suit me. So as much as I love the floral pants, I know it will make my rear look quite enormous!
8. What are some of your favourite shopping haunts locally and overseas?
Locally – I shop all over. Odel, Cotton Collection, House of Fashion etc.
Overseas – it’s Zara and forever21
9. At what age did you decide to send your daughter to preschool? Were there any factors that influenced this decision?
I sent her to Montessori at 22 months. The main reason I sent her was that I felt she could communicate at that stage and also to interact with kids. I have to be honest and also say that I felt I was ready for that 2 hour ‘break’ in the morning. As much as I loved being a mum, I needed to be ME as well.
10. What were the factors you considered in deciding her preschool?
I didn’t think too much about the Montessori or Play School pros and cons. I mainly decided based on the cleanliness, ambience and curriculum of the school.
11. How much of TV do you let your daughter watch?
Maybe an hour.
12. What kind of fun things do you do with your daughter?
We do alot of pretend play like house house, tea party and school school. She loves to paint with me as well. Since she is an only child, it is quite a challenge to find things to do with her.
13. Where do you buy your daughters formal and day to day clothes from?
No particular place but the shops down Thimbirigasyaya are a great place for kids.
14. Any guaranteed quick fix meal ideas?
Pancakes with grilled chicken, noodles and chicken, home made nuggets etc.
15. Being a Wife and a Mother you take care of many people, what do you do to take care of yourself?
I actually don’t know how to answer this question. Mumsibles- help!
16. As a Mother, what are the most important lesson you want your daughter to learn?
1. I want her to realize that even if she comes to a point in her life where she thinks that she has too little (God forbid), she might have so much more than another person.
2. To be a good and compassionate human being.
Location: Cormorant Villa Bolgoda
Find out how you can be featured as a Mumsible Mummy, email email@example.com
Gina’s Wardrobe & Accessory Details
Gina Dress: Orchid House – Galle
Necklace: Private Exhibition
Sara’s Dress: Iman
Dress – Mango
Necklace – Private Exhibition
Evil Eye Bracelet: Misc. Shop in Turkey
Shoes: Emerald Fashions
Top: Nuon (India)
Earings: Suhani Pittie(India)
Shoes: Charles & Keith